Version: BB-RA 2.3
The user manager (a.k.a. DJ-Manager) allows remote users to connect to the Auto-DJ using a remote source client like WinAmp or Spacial Audio’s SAM Broadcaster. This enables users to broadcast Live using their local PC.
Users are primarily managed through sidebar under the section “Users”. To add a user, click on and a new form will be opened in the main view where user settings can be configured. To delete a user, simply click on the icon next to the users name. To refresh the user list, click on icon
By default all users are setup with the highest priority, enabling the user to override all playlists (which is the majority case), but are automatically set to lower priorities when the Days (day-of-the-week) or Start Time values are set in order to allow for jingle/station ID injection from the Auto-DJ or to allow higher priority (Master) DJ’s to take over control of the Auto-DJ. Playlist priorities always supersede DJ priorities. for more information see: Event Priorities.
In some cases Producers may want to limit when a Broadcaster may access the Auto-DJ in order to broadcast Live. For this BoomBox offers a simple but robust event scheduling system. See the Examples section for more information.
Local Time Conversion
Events are triggered on the server based upon UTC time. This presents headaches when calculating for different time zones and daylight savings time observed in some countries. New in BB-RA 2.3 is a local time converter which will display when the event will be fired in the local time of the logged in user. Local time conversions are displayed in the upper right corner of the user panel near the Save settings button.
BoomBox offers a comprehensive backend for staying in touch with users via email with social media communication features slated for future releases. If a proper email has entered, this will enable the ability for Station Producers to send users credentials or a rich email to broadcasters. When sending users credentials the email composer is opened pre-filled with the users credentials allow Producers to add additional information before sending. For more information See: Email Composer.
- Alias [Required]: Enter a useful display name or alias for the user (i.e. DJ Mike, Super DJ). This is useful for the DJ profile page on SoniXFM.com. Spaces and special characters are allowed.
- Username [Required]: This is the username the user must enter into the remote source client in order to broadcast live. A minimum of 8 characters are required. No spaces or special characters allowed.
- Password [Required]: This is the password the user must enter into the remote source client in order to broadcast live. A minimum of 8 characters are required. No spaces or special characters allowed.
- Email [Recommended]: This is the email used when sending the user his/her broadcasting credentials. Enables the email compose and send credentials functions.
- Enabled: Enables or Disables the users ability to login with a remote source client in order to broadcast live.
- Days: Determines which days of the week the user is allowed to broadcast live. Always allows a broadcaster full access to the Auto-DJ, Weekdays only from Monday through Friday, Weekends only Saturday and Sunday
- Hours: Determines when and how long a user is allowed to broadcast live.
- Start Time: Displays a dropdown of hours/minutes in 30 minutes increments for configuring the time after midnight (UTC/Server Time) you wish the user to be able to broadcast live.
- Duration: Displays a dropdown of hours/minutes in 30 minutes increments for how long after the start time you wish the user to be able to broadcast live.
- Hostname: The hostname users must enter into their remote source client in order to broadcast live.
- Port: The port users must enter into their remote source client in order to broadcast live.
Guest Broadcaster (DJ): Use the following settings to allow time limited access of one hour for 6:00 am (UTC) to the Auto-DJ:
- Enter all required fields (Alias, Username, Password)
- Set Enabled to “Yes”
- Set Days to “Always”
- Set Hour to “06:00:00” (NOTE: observe your local time display and adjust to the desired time)
- Set Duration to “01:00:00”